If you are in a class that is licensed for AWS virtual apps such as a business, fine arts, computer science, or engineering course you can use virtual apps such as Excel, Inventor, or Audacity. You can access these apps from a Windows, Mac, or Chromebook. To get started follow these steps.
- Login to https://mail.google.com with your GISD email.
- Click the app launcher in the upper right.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list. Look for the colorful 9 square icon called "AWS - Basic Apps" or "AWS - Advanced Apps"
- Then you should be presented with a list of apps you have access to.
- Click the app you need for your class and it will launch in your web browser. Depending on the speed of your connection you will see a loading window.
- After the app loads or at other times while you are using virtual apps you may see a notification like this. Click Allow.
- Once the app launches it should look like it does when you are at school. The main difference is that the steps to saving documents are different.